Saturday, August 17, 2013

I WAS NEVER AN ORGANISED PERSON

I was never organised to begin with, in fact, I was the complete opposite! I was the messy child who hid lunch under her bed, my mother thought I ate them. I often left little surprises for my mother to find. When I was old enough I moved out of home and my definition of a tidy room meant hiding everything in my wardrobe, lucky for me my wardrobe in that first house was huge. It was easy to live the double life.

A few more years went by and I moved away from family to start a business, I still wasn’t organised and the bills were left unpaid. I then met my husband who believed in a place for everything and everything in it’s place. He had a system, I did not. At times his system made perfect sense, like in the morning when I was rushing out and couldn’t find anything to wear because it was still sitting in the laundry basket, or I couldn’t find my keys, my phone or my bag! I hate to think of how much time I’ve lost in just looking, searching for every day items that should be easy to locate.

Our systems clashed on more than one occasion and I knew I had to change. At this stage, we had a little girl and I wanted our mornings when leaving the house to be less stressful. I also didn’t want to lose anymore of my husbands mail. So I watched countless Youtube videos, searched blogs for organisational systems and slowly over time, I developed a system. I have organised nearly every room in my house and I will use this blog to go through the systems that work for me and hopefully can work for you too. I love how when you’re organised, you’re more productive and with kids around, that’s a definite bonus!

I’m still coming up against systems that don’t work for me and because of that I update my style of organising here and there. I would love for you to join me on this journey, if someone like me can become organised, then anyone can do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Our Four Walls and A Roof. Powered by